You have no items in your shopping cart
Canning, freezing, and pickling might seem intimidating. But think of these experiences as ways to strengthen your relationship with food by eating more healthfully, enhancing your nutritional intake, eating organically, saving money, and minimizing contamination illnesses. Plus, just imagine giving someone a Mason jar with strawberry jam and being able to say "I made this." With this step-by-step preservation guide, you can impress family and friends for years to come with your homemade goodies.
This revision includes:
- More than 50 recipes to preserve fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy products, and more
- Techniques for canning, freezing, pickling, fermenting, and other preservation methods
- Techniques for dehydrating, salting, and smoking foods
- Information on food safety and the best preservation methods for specific foods
- Expert tips from Dr. Karen K. Brees on how to get the most from your preserving experience
Whether this is your food time trying food preservation or you're an expert looking for some new recipes to try, Preserving Foods is the book for you!
was added to your shopping cart
Out of stock